Bondville Fair - Floral Hall - Flowers, Vegetables, and more....
WELCOME TO AILENE CAPEN FLORAL HALL
Contact Person: Darlene Palola 297-2810
The Ailene Capen Floral Hall is once again the place where garden and farm produce, cooking specialties, artistic endeavors and original works are on display.
Entries are accepted Thursday before the Fair from 4 to 8PM and August 26 from 8 to 10AM.
The Hall is open for viewing from noon on Friday until closing and opens at 10AM on Saturday and Sunday.
Exhibit Categories are: (Please note entry limitations)
- Vegetables, fruits and eggs: eight (8) entries per person
- Plants and cut flowers: four (4) entries per person
- Hay: at least two are needed
- Preserves and baked goods: four (4) entries per person
- Needlecraft: four (4) entries per person
- Arts and Crafts (includes Hobby Displays and Vegetable Art):
four (4) entries per person
Ribbons and cash prizes are awarded for first ($4), second ($3) and third ($2) place in each category with rosettes awarded for outstanding displays. Please attach a card to each entry with your name, email or mailing address and age for children up to 14 years. Exhibits may be entered as individual specimens or in special combinations.
Guidelines for judging vegetables, fruits, eggs
- Specimens must be of top quality (free from disease, insects and dirt)
- Vegetables and fruits must be eatable
Guidelines for judging plants and flowers
- Entries are judged on arrangement and special qualities
- Flowers must be home grown
Guidelines for judging Needlework and Arts and Crafts
Guidelines for Baked Goods and Preserves (includes syrup and honey)